The academic and teaching staff at the National Technical University of Ukraine – Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute are taking part in a tailored programme organized by the English Language Teaching Centre at the University of Sheffield.
The programme will run over 12-14 weeks both live and self-study online, where the teachers and lecturers will have opportunities to join in at various points that can fit with their busy work schedules and life.
The aims of the programmes are:
- – to increase your confidence and skills in delivering your subject areas in English
- – to improve your English language, in particular in academic and research contexts
- – to build communities of practice within KPI to allow for collaboration in the learning and teaching of English and subjects through English.
For Subject Teachers
– to improve English for specific purposes in your academic subject areas
For English Teachers
– to increase the range of approaches and methods that can be used in teaching and supporting academic English to students.